Team Fortress 2 is now free to play a game which has been recognized as one of the fastest growing games in popularity. It a fun and a comedic game that has created a wave of enthusiasm in the gaming arena. If you are one of those who has just joined the game, there will come a time when you will have no clue what to do next. With time you will understand the game thoroughly.
Just like other strategic games, Team Fortress 2 requires teamwork, coordination and understanding between players to excel at the game. This article will guide you on how to become a better team player and progress together with your gaming inmates.
Begin with the tutorial mode
You find the tutorial mode at the bottom of the screen. Search for an impaled ball with a graduation cap on top of it. Four classes will be granted to you that will summarize the online team during a game. The first part, basic tutorial, will show you how to play Demoman, Soldier, Spy and Engineer. Complete the tutorial to get a grasp of what the game is about. The next step is to practice with the bots to polish your skills.
Beginning with solo gaming will help you understand what needs to be successful in a team game. Understand the different aspects of the game in order to become a better team player.
Being a good team player
You will often find teammates yelling at you for being an annoying player. If you feel you need to become a better player, then here are some tips that need to be followed:
- Be aware of the classes you can play well. If you have not acquired enough experience by logging into the gameplay, then avoid playing Spy. We know that it is pretty much fun to play Spy but it can only be done effectively by the experienced ones. Rather, begin with playing as a Solider. It is easier to understand and is not even much difficult to play. You can also play Medic if not satisfied with Solider. It can be a versatile option to begin with that can contribute to the teammates in multiple ways.
- It is important to stay alive. It is enough to say that dead teammate is of no use to the team. Try to stay alive for as long as you can in order to contribute to the team as much possible. It is pretty much easy to run from one place to another shooting the enemy wildly. It is important to realize your worth to the team.
- The name of the game itself says the word ‘Team’. It is supposed to be played with teamwork. Learn how to play in conjunction with the team. After you have learned the class, learn how it can be beneficial to the team. For instance, Pyro can help teammates by keeping a thorough check for spies or by putting out flaming teammates.
- One of the most important aspects of this game is good communication. It is necessary to play a better team game. It will help the team players know about different facets of the game. You can time the offensive push by utilizing good communicative skills. Also, take time to listen to others.
This game provides a number of ways in which you can communicate with the team. Either chat, bot team chat or all chat can be used for textual communication. Each class has the same commands but a different way of saying it. Voice chat can be used to be more specific. Communication is very essential to winning around to make plans and strategies.
- Practising makes you perfect. There is no doubt at this point. Simply playing the game consistently will help your teamwork immensely.
- Do not yell at people for the mistakes they have made. This will ignite them even more and they will possibly leave the game as a consequence. This would be bad for the team if they were a good player. Everyone commits mistakes and there is no need to tilt. Rather, congratulate them on the contributions they have made. Thank people like engineers and medics for healing you with their equipment.
- Try to play the game in the correct manner. Look out for some tips and practice with friends as much as possible as listed above. It will provide you with insights of the game and allow you to determine the class you are most comfortable with.
- Staying together is perhaps one of the most useful tips in Team Fortress 2. It is not at all recommendable either to stay in your base for the whole day or rush too far ahead of the teammates. This will result in miserable death.
- Don’t insult the other team either. It is absolutely against the ethics of the game and there is a possibility of you getting paired with that team later.
- Team Fortress 2 is entirely a team based game. This is not like any other solo game such as Call of Duty. Work together as one team and rule others. Depending on different objectives, your team will either be holding down on one area or will be pushing forward taking an offensive approach.
- Understand the mechanics of solo gaming and team gaming. Learn different points of the game. For instance, know how weapons will deal damage on what are their ranges. Understanding the mechanics would help you be a more effective team player.
The bottom line
Last but not the least, it is important to enjoy the game. Don’t take the game too seriously. It is just a game. Putting in too much of emotions and sentiments would destroy the charm of the game. If you get killed by a player, again and again, laugh it off and appreciate their skill. It doesn’t matter whether you lose or win, Team Fortress 2 is just a game that needs to be enjoyed to the fullest.